Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial weekend

Memorial weekend we spent with Troy and Ann's family, my parents, and my cousin Sara her husband Matt and their cute little girl. I am so mad I did not get more pictures of everyone. We also went and had the best visit with Josh's grandma and Casey and Amber met us there so sorry I don't have pictures of all of that. These are the ones I have and so worth it. My brother has a pool in his back yard and the kids think they need to go swimming even if it's freezing outside. The weather was sunny for a little bit and then cloudy and back and forth but still cold outside. I don't even think we got into the 70's or if we did it was low 70's. Here is the crew before they got in. It is so cold they have to be wrapped up in their towels. Bailey on the far right was the only one who did not get in and I don't blame her one bit.
They are all figuring out that it's not that warm in the pool either. Spencer had already jumped in and came up gasping for air and shocked at how cold it was. If you look to the far left of the picture you can see a splash from Spencer.
My mom and Bailey watching everyone freeze. If you look at Rylee and Kaitlyn's hair blowing in the wind you can get an idea of how cold it is.
Hannah is not sure she wants to get in any more than she already is and Makenzie and Spencer are starting to turn blue. I think at one point we told the kids to get out of the pool and then jump back in because if you did the water would feel warmer. Crazy kids. Most of them were done after five to ten minutes.
This one is me in my winter coat freezing outside. I was also trying to get the wind to show that but right when I snapped the shot the wind stopped. Oh well.
A couple of the kids after swimming still freezing and playing games.
We had a fun time visiting with everyone. Who can go wrong when you have good company and good food. Thanks Troy and Ann for putting us up for four nights. Next time we come it will be way warmer and we can actually enjoy the pool (we hope). We will try not to bring all of our bad weather with us next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment