The last week of school was filled with projects, field days, jump rope contests and black outs. Hannah's field day was in the morning and then the parents were invited to come have a picnic with their children and then the older classes would have their field day in the afternoon. I forgot to pull my bread out of the freezer for our lunch so I pulled it out on my way out the door to watch Hannah. I figured I would go watch her for a little while, then come home make lunch, head back to the school, eat lunch, and then watch Makenzie. I got there to watch Hannah when the mom in charge of field day came running over to me saying that some moms didn't show up to help and could I please help. So I ended up being there longer then expected. I guess it was a good thing. After they were done with field day they were headed in to get their lunches and check in with their teachers. Hannah's teacher wanted to talk to me for a minute so I went in the class room and the power was out for the entire school. The principal was walking around telling those parents that were there for the picnic that the power would not be on for at least two hours and you could take your children home. So needless to say Makenzie never had field day.
Hannah waiting in line to move to the next game.
This one you have to run down and pick up a marble in your toes from cold water and run back and put it in a bucket.
This is Hannah with gum that she got for finding the gum at the bottom of a pile of whipping cream. By the time she got it in her mouth with all the whipping cream it turned really sticky and was everywhere.
Makenzie had to do a science project for the end of the year and this is what she wanted to do. She had big plans for this volcano it was to have a lake and trees and flowers to show what happens to all of those things when a volcano erupts. I am so sad I didn't get any pictures of her actually setting it off but it was because the day that she presented it, it was raining so hard so I was helping her set them both off at the exact same time. So you can imagine a big mess of soda shooting up in the air and then covering her display. It was a really cool project that she had a lot of fun creating.
Next came Hannah in the Jump rope contest. She had a blast doing it and she got 133 jumps per minute. She did awesome for being a first grader and for someone who does not like any attention being brought to her.
Here she is waiting with all the other first graders. The way this works is the top boy and top girl from each class gets to compete in the contest. I am glad she had fun with this.
This is the last project we did for the year we made these cute litter watering cans with these cute flowers that can be used for your hair, on a necklace, a broach, or on a bracelet. My girls enjoyed helping and taking them to their teachers. I am so glad school is out no more projects that need to be finished up, no more home work, and no more getting up early. Now we can sleep in and do what ever we want. Bring on summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment