Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lovers day and more

Valentines day for us was very low key although I felt like I was running from one thing to the next. The older girls had grandparents day at the school so they invited them to come eat lunch with them. Kaitlyn had her preschool party that afternoon that I was helping with (sadly no pictures of the day except right before dinner). I went to see the big girls at lunch with their bestamama and bestapapa, they were so happy that they came to eat with them. Kaitlyn's party was a lot of fun she played some games and then they went around putting in their Valentines in every one's boxes. The girls decided that for dinner they wanted pancakes so we had X and O's and heart shapes in pink and red. We also had strawberries and cool whip on them and hash browns and bacon. Josh was not home when we were setting the table so Makenzie thought it would be a fun surprise to have a candle lit dinner. I love that my girls all got into having a fun dinner. I would pick that date any night of the week rather than waiting for a seat at a restaurant. Don't get me wrong Josh and I did go on a date a couple days before and that was a lot of fun too.

Makenzie and Hannah
Spencer and Kaitlyn.  Josh got them these light up sticks so that's what everyone is holding and why you can not see Kaitlyn's face.

Josh had to go to Reno for a school competition and left on a Wed. and was not going to be back until Sunday. The kids did not have school on Friday or Monday because of Presidents Day so I decided to get out of town for the weekend as well. We left Thursday night and went to my parents house. We did some shopping and just relaxed where it wasn't as cold. My parents neighbor has a zip line and they said we could play on it so my kids jumped on the chance when ever they could.
Spencer it is pretty high if you look at the picture below you can see how high it is.  This kid had no fear once he saw his sisters go he was right there behind them. 

Kaitlyn

Makenzie

Hannah

It was cold there but it was like low 40's not like low 20's. My kids also got grandpa to take them on lots and lots of 4-wheeler rides. They also got grandpa to make a treasure hunt for them and of course it would not be the same without milkshakes, popcorn, and movies. The bus dropped Josh off  late Saturday night so he did get to relax with us until we came home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment