I seriously can not believe this girl is ten. I don't feel like she should be ten yet but I guess there is nothing I can do to stop her from getting older so I may as well enjoy her now. Makenzie really wanted a party this year and wanted to go roller skating or swimming. When it came right down to what she wanted she chose to go swimming. I told her she could only invite four friends and she happily agreed. After swimming for a couple of hours we came back to the house and had cake and ice cream.
 |
| The day of her birthday she wanted doughnuts for her class treat with Juice. |
 |
| These are a couple of her friends after we were done swimming. Left to right is Hallie, Callie, Makenzie, and Calin. She also invited another girl Kellie but she had to leave early. |
 |
| Silly girl waiting to open presents. |
 |
| For her birthday cake this year she chose a Turtle cake. Chocolate layer, then caramel layer, another chocolate layer, topped with chocolate coconut frosting. |
This girl is so fun most of the time and a big helper most of the time but she is also getting some serious attitude. Not that she didn't have attitude before but she is very vocal about things now. I can't say I didn't know it was coming because that is exactly how I was with my parents. My mom once told me after one of our many arguments that she hoped when I was a mom I would get a girl just like me and all I can say is I am sorry...Sorry to my mom and sorry to Josh because we have three that are only getting older. Makenzie's favorites this year are swimming, her friends, music(all kinds), and her pillow pets. This girl certainly keeps me on my toes and always wants to be doing something different, fun, or creative. We love you Makenzie and love the person you are becoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment