Sometimes being a mom is hard. I know I know, nothing is ever supposed to be easy but sometimes I wish it could be. Like when you have to do sharing time with the Stake Primary visiting and your three year old son wants nothing to do with his Sunbeam teacher, so you end up holding him the entire time. Or like when his hair has gotten way past the "I need a hair cut" stage because he hates getting it cut so you let it grow out and now you can't stand it. Or the fact that he is past three and wanted nothing to do with wearing big boy underwear. So what is a mom left to do when you have tried every thing in the book. You BRIBE him. Let me just say I was skeptical at first but I tell you that it has made ALL the difference in the world.
He got his haircut and was given this helicopter. I have since had to trim up by his ears and he was excited to hop up on the counter for it.
For staying in his class with his teacher for the whole class, he received these dinosaurs. it came with a game and book also. He loves them and plays with them all the time. He knows if he doesn't stay with his class he will get them taken away and he will not let that happen.
I can now officially say that he is potty trained and its all thanks to the little Robbin Egg candies. I know it's a horrible thing to do but for him it has worked magic. I know he knows what he is doing and he knows he will get a prize of some sort but for now this is what I am left to do and NO it will not keep happening. But we have gotten through these big things and he truly is happier.
stop apologizing! it worked and therefore it was good. there is nothing wrong with bribing kids with "things" as long as you follow through with the giving and taking away rules. i'm proud of you. looks like life will get a little easier over there. (;
ReplyDelete