Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fun day

Last year we took the older two girls skiing and they loved it. Makenzie has been begging us to go again and we finally went. Josh was pretty bummed he couldn't go due to accident stuff still. So he stayed home with the two littles and us big girls headed up to the mountain. At first I was a little nervous thinking how am I going to get these girls up the lift by my self but I am so glad my cousin was there to help. Makenzie snowboarded last year and wanted to try it again. Hannah wanted to ski again this year and I decided I would ski this time too. I was so proud of them.

This was probably the second or third ride up. Makenzie and Matt are on the lift in front of us.

This is at the end of the day when the girls were tired. Every time I would pull out my camera the low battery light would flash and i would get one picture before the camera would turn off, sadly I did not get very many pictures. I did get a ton of video on my phone but can't figure out how to transfer them.

All of us before we headed home. I have to say how proud I was of my girls Makenzie rode the lift with my cousin a few times before he had to go teach a lesson and then she was able to ride it by herself all afternoon. She would get off the lift and not fall and let me say that I have gone for so many years on a board and I fell so many times coming off the lift unless I was holding on to someone.   I would watch her struggle on the mountain to try different turns or the many times she would fall because she caught an edge and every time she would get back up and keep going.  I know how hard it can be to learn to snowboard and to see her trying so hard to learn was a lot of fun.  She is definitely not my baby anymore.  Hannah took a little bit to remember what she did last year but once she figured it out she only fell one time on the mountain.  As soon as we would get off the lift she was ready to go and did not want to wait for Makenzie to strap in.  I would tell her she could go until she couldn't see me anymore and then she needed to wait and off she would go.  Its times like these that I think I am so lucky to make such fun memories with my girls.  I enjoyed every minute of it and the girls are already asking when we can go again. 

1 comment:

  1. that's so neat! I can't believe you did that all by yourself. They do look so much older. Way fun!

    ReplyDelete