Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hannah had a birthday...

Hannah turned Seven!

I can not believe how big she has grown.  We measured her on our wall and she has grown almost two inches.  It is crazy how fast the time has gone.  We love our Hannah she is the most quiet and shy of all my kids and it has been fun to see her come out of it a little bit through school and friends.  She is very thoughtful of your feelings and wants to be around those she loves. 

This year Hannah had some friends over for her a party and we choose to do a Hawaiian theme (cause lets face it we all wish we were some where warmer right now).  The girls made their own flowers to tuck behind their ear out of crate paper.  They were given a flower necklace when they came in.  Some of the games we played were hot coconut and we passed the real coconut around and then after they got to drink the coconut milk and taste the coconut.  I don't think any of the girls liked the milk and a few of them liked how it tasted. 

We also played a relay game.  They had to put on swim shorts, sunglasses, floaties, and a towel and run around the couch.  It was pretty cute to see them putting it all on. 

Hannah's one request that we have at her party was a pinata.  They each took turns hitting it the first round and no one really hit it very hard but the second round everyone was hitting a lot harder.  We also played the limbo game and man are those girls flexible.  They ended with red velvet coconut cupcakes.  Its funny when I asked Hannah what kind of party she wanted as I was giving her different ideas she would say sure to everything.  She was so easy going about all of it but I am so glad she had a fun time.  Later after her friends left some of her cousins came over and we had pizza and more cupcakes.  I am glad it was a fun day for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment