Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I dare you...

For Family Home Evening we talked about having faith and courage to do what's right. So with that we played I dare you. It was a lot of fun and the kids had fun trying some different drinks as well as trying some other tricks.
Kaitlyn's face after she tried Lemon Juice.

Makenzie had been sick for five days and joined us by laying on the couch she only drank the pear juice and I don't blame her for not trying anything else. 

Spencer made this face after every thing he tried.  We had Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Pear Juice, Hot Sauce, and a blue Soda. 

Hannah getting ready to try one of them.  Of course they could make the decision of trying it or not.  At first no one wanted to try anything but eventually they started trying things.  We talked about how friends can say "I dare you" and what can happen if you choose to follow that dare or not and most of the time it will take courage and faith to do what is right.  I love these kind of activities because I think my kids remember them the most. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I have a feeling that there will be plenty of "daring" going between my boys if my childhood is any indication. I crashed my brother's Jeep on a dare from another brother.

    ReplyDelete