The kids did not have school on friday due to Labor day weekend and my birthday. We decided to go to the cabin. We left friday and when we got there Josh cooked dinner and then we went for a little four wheeler ride. We took the four wheelers from the parents this time because we wanted to ride on the trail that goes from the cabin to West Yellowstone. Most of the trail was on the old railroad tracks. On saturday morning we left the cabin at about ten and headed out. The only way Josh knew how to get to the trail head was on the road. Needless to say we got pulled over by the local police telling us we couldn't ride on the roads unless you had a licence plate, which we did, that our bikes were insured which they were, and that we had mirrors on which we did not. So he told us we had to turn around and jump on a trail. We did and it took us about an hour to finally find the trail head all the trails we took kept putting us back out on the road. Finally we were off and then the kids were saying they were hungry so we didn't get to far before we stopped for lunch.
Josh and I on the back porch of the cabin.

The one thing I love about going to the cabin is I don't have to cook the dinners.

Spencer loves to help but in this case it was too hot for him to help so he got to chill and eat some grapes.

Kaitlyn and Makenzie watching a movie while dinner is cooking.

Hannah waiting and watching a movie.

So this picture is before we left everyone is excited to go.

After we ate lunch everyone is still pretty excited and happy we reached the Montana side.

On the way back to Idaho. Notice Spencer has fallen asleep and everyone wants to get off the bike about now.

I am so glad we went and did this for my birthday I have wanted to do this ride for three years now and Josh finally made it happen for me. We all had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer but it was a nice get a way for awhile. The kids really did a good job not too much complaining for our four hour ride. I love my family.
Hooray I found your blog... Looks like you all had a fun trip. Hope you had a great birthday!!!!
ReplyDelete