Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Happenings...

There are a lot of pictures this time around. We started off the month by getting all of the girls ears pierced. We have said to the girls that when they turn eight they can choose if they want their ears pierced or not. Makenzie chose not to pierce hers when she turned eight. Hannah decided to have hers done and Makenzie thought that if Hannah was brave enough to do it she thought maybe she could. We get there and Hannah picks hers out and sits down in the chair but then kept backing away from the lady because she was going to do them one at a time so she decided she didn't want to do it. Makenzie wanted them done so she sat down got her ears marked and another lady showed up to help. She went first and then Hannah decided she would do it with two ladies at the same time. I have to laugh at these pictures because they really do say it all.

                                           Makenzie before.
                                          During
                                          After
                                          Hannah before.
                                          During
                                          After
Then there is Kaitlyn she is only six and we started to walk away and she burst into tears because she had to wait two more years to get hers done. Truthfully, she has been the only one BEGGING me to get hers done for two years now. Josh and I looked at each other and then decided to ask Makenzie and Hannah if it was OK for Kaitlyn to get hers done on the same day as them even though she wasn't eight. They both agreed that it would be so cool to have all of them done on the same day. She was so excited and the girls will all remember that day.
                                          Before
                                          During
                                          After
Next up was Hannah's baptism, I can not tell you how excited and happy she was that this day was here. I on the other hand was excited that she made the choice to get baptized but was an emotional wreck. The High Councilor in charge called me the Thursday (two days) before at about eight in the evening asking me to speak at the Baptism. I also had family showing up that night. It all turned out fine because I used part of the talk I had given to our primary kids two weeks before hand for their baptism preview. It was a great day for her. Family and friends all there to support her what more can you ask for.
                                            Josh and Hannah before.
                                           Josh and Hannah after.
                                           Kaylin, Josh, and Hannah
                                                 The family
                                            Everyone that was able to make it.
Makenzie and I were able to go skiing with the school one Friday night. I should say I skied and she snowboarded. It was fun we went up with some friends and at first Makenzie was upset with herself for not remembering how to do it from last year. After I got her up the lift she was fine going down. She actually did a really good job. It was a lot of fun to get some alone time with her and get to talk to her about anything and everything. It sure does make a difference when there is only one to give your attention to instead of all four at the same time most days. It was also fun for me to get away.
Hannah started basket ball back in December and I am now just getting a couple pictures on. They have had a game every Saturday since the beginning of January and their last game was this last weekend. I am glad that it is over because that meant way more shuttling kids around, but I am a little bit sad for her because she was really starting to enjoy it and understand it. Their team was an all girls team and all of them that played was there very first time playing it. I have to admit they were not very good when they first started but half way through they had learned some plays and how to screen people. After the last game they had a fun little awards thing for their team and Hannah got the best "defender".

That about sums it up for February except for you add in Valentines day that we did our traditional Valentines dinner, a few parties that we went to, Josh being gone for two weeks, a couple doctor visits, getting the kids to piano and practice and I think we are all caught up. Are you tired yet cause I sure am. This next month should be nice and quiet I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we missed out on Hannah's special day. She looked beautiful! Brett and I were wondering where Spencer's picture of ear piercing was. Hee hee. Way fun girls

    ReplyDelete