March came and went so fast but here are a few of the things we did. It snowed really hard and the kids had to go out and build a snow fort. We really did not get that much snow this year so when this storm hit it was enough to get out and make their snow fort.
Makenzie turned 11. I know she really is getting older but she has been fun this year. Some of her favorites this year. Color-Blue, Food-Egg Drop Soup, Activity-Being with Friends, she loves to Sing all the time (it never ends), she has started Piano this year and likes it for the most part except the practicing when it's cutting into her time of doing something fun. She has been very helpful for me lately. She has been a lot of fun and I really do love that she is getting older. In the past I have bought Birthday presents for them but I have decided the best way to do their Birthday's are to take a day and go shopping with them. I love it, they pick out what they want and I love having that one on one time with them.
Makenzie could not decide on what she wanted to do this year for her Birthday. It was down to a week before her party and I had to get invitations out and she still could not decide on what she wanted to do. Even after she sent out her invites she would come and ask what I thought about this idea or that. Finally two days before her party I sat her down and told her I was not doing everything she wanted and she needed to pick a few things and call it good. She decided on doing a "Movie" theme night. The girls all came in their pj's and they made their own pizza's, Played a game and got prizes, then moved onto the Movie part. I set up a concession stand and had popcorn, drinks, and candy. They had to buy them with their tickets and then they went downstairs to watch the movie. I think they watched about twenty minutes of the show and then went into her room and played "Truth or Dare". I tried to get a good picture of the girls but what can I say they were all pretty silly.
Happy St. Patrick's Day. The leprechauns showed up and made our breakfast green. Side note Josh does work with General Mills company and he had to make a visit to the plant one day. When he came back to work this hat was sitting on his desk. They thought it was very appropriate and asked if he got to see how "Lucky Charms" were made. They all got a good laugh out of it. He of course thought he should wear it all day for St. Patrick's day. Don't worry he didn't leave the house with it on.
Spring Break was spent at my parents house. It was a nice get a way for us. We got to spend time with Troy and Ann's family. We went down early because Josh was going riding that direction with a bunch of his buddies. We did a lot and it seems like the only time I pulled out the camera was when we went swimming. One of the days the kids thought it was warm enough to pull out the swimming stuff. They didn't last long in the pool because they were all scared of the bees that kept flying around. My parents also had a really big Russian Olive Tree in their back yard and it fell over while we were there so the kids made forts out of it and had a lot of fun playing. We also visited my grandparents, made some amazing cupcakes, lots of fun crafts, and enjoyed General Conference.
Rylee and Kaitlyn
Bailey and Makenzie
Makenzie, Bailey, Brody, Spencer, Hannah, and Nyah right before they jumped.
We also went to the Museum and had fun looking at all the dinosaurs. It was really fun to see the different sizes of bones compared to our bones and other animals. Spencer loved seeing how big they really were.
This bone was actually pretty heavy. Some of the bones that were in the dirt still looked like rocks to me. Its amazing that they can see it and know to dig it out.
The kids were being silly.
Like I said before March came and went so fast and these are only a few pictures of what we did. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment