Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hannah turns eight

So Hannah turned eight I can't believe it. I feel like we have been celebrating her birthday forever already and we will still continue until next month when she gets baptized. I am so excited for her. She really wanted a friend birthday this year and I really didn't want to do it but how can I say no when she asks so nicely. We did a friend party last weekend and she wanted it to be a pajama party so her friends all came in their pajamas. They each made their own pizza and then went and danced downstairs while they were cooking. After dinner we played a few games, Josh scarred them all with his masks, and had mini Oreo cheesecakes for desert. I hope the girls didn't leave to scared I told them all I was sorry and that Hannah has to live with that stuff everyday and one little girl told me she felt sorry for Hannah. It was pretty funny. A little bit about Hannah she loves good food not just the boring stuff but she is my little food critic. In preparing the menu for the week I ask every child what they want and Hannah came up with Ribs, Steak, Hamburgers, and Gorgonzola pasta. For her treats for her party she asked for Oreo cheesecake, for school mini cupcakes and her birthday dessert was cheesecake. Let me just say I am happy make these foods for her because I know she truly enjoys them but can I also say I want to be done with cooking for a while.
For breakfast on her Birthday she wanted cake batter pancakes of course in the shape of an "H".
This is the night of her party. Side note Josh asked me what she picked for her treat and I told him it was Oreo cheesecake and he looked at me and said these kids wont appreciate that kind of thing. I will have you know I only had one left that Josh and I had to split I think they were a hit with all of them.
Hannah opening her presents with grandma and grandpa on skype. I love the fact that my kids are getting older because that means I can do more fun things with them, don't get me wrong I love them when they are little but for me I think things are more fun when they actually appreciate the effort and time you are making for them. Hannah is playing the piano now as well as basketball and I am glad they are both making her come out of her shy little shell a little more. She is the sweetest girl and is always making sure everyone is happy. It is hard for her to see someone sad. She has been my buddy lately always following me around wants to help me with anything, if all the kids are downstairs playing she is happy to be upstairs with me. This year her favorite color is pink, she likes to play basketball, be with her friends, ride her bike, and be with her family. Her favorite foods are steak, ribs, egg drop soup, cheesecake, and salad.  She cant wait for her big day I am so proud of her and the choice she is making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment