Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The rest of December

Finally I am getting around to posting these pictures. We Spent Christmas with Josh's side of the family. We spent Christmas Eve at Ryan and Lynette's house. Sorry for the picture overload.

Amazing potato soup and bread bowls for dinner.
Ryan telling everyone a story.
The kids went looking for Santa because they thought they heard something on the roof.
They found an early Christmas present that Santa dropped off.
We made Santa some cookies and of course the reindeer food.
Opened Christmas pajamas and headed home. We also went caroling, saw a big nativity set, and skyped with Casey and Amber who were not with us. Tons and tons of things all packed into one night but it was so fun to be with family and enjoy one another. We got home put our cookies out and spread reindeer food out front and put the kids in bed. On Christmas morning we were expecting the kids to get up really early but they slept in until 7:45. They got to check out what was in their stockings before we ate breakfast and went to Church. Can I just say that I loved having Christmas on Sunday it made us all remember what the true meaning of Christmas is all about.  We also put a picture of Christ on our tree and told the kids that after Church we would open presents. It worked out beautifully after Church we all took our time opening presents. I felt like it wasn't a big race to open the presents but they all took their time enjoying the present they had opened. Christmas day was spent at our house and everyone came over for dinner and the family exchange. We had more good food and way more laughs. Josh's dad does this thing a couple times throughout the year where he will say we are having a talent show and money will be handed out. This was no exception if there was a talent done money was passed out.
Josh and Makenzie did a duet to Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe" song it was really good.
Josh's mom and brother Cory played a duet. Cory's wife Stefanie played the clarinet. Ben, Hannah, and I think Kelsey played a song on the piano. Lynette and Josh sang a song together, and the other kids either sang or danced or did whatever bestapapa (Norwegian for grandpa) asked them to do. In the end everyone ended up doing something and money was handed out to everyone. It is always a fun time when he does this because everyone gets involved and it becomes in a way a challenge. We went to my parents for New Year's and spent a couple of days with my family. Sorry there are no pictures of that weekend I relaxed and didn't pull my camera out once. We of course ate good food, played games, watched movies, and had fun being with everyone. We did the usual things too like riding the 4-wheeler down into the canyon as well as hiking down. We also went and saw my grandma who was recently diagnosed with cancer and has not been doing very well. It was fun to see her and on the day we went she was up and moving around it was a good day for her and I am glad. We have also figured out that a few of our kids lately have been getting car sick which equals no fun driving. I of course get car sick so when it comes time to help them with anything I am of no help. I think the next time we go anywhere they will be getting Dramamine before we go.  Wish us luck with that I hope it works or by the next time we go anywhere our kids will have grown out of that phase.  Let's hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment