Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School has started...

I know I am not the normal mom that gets sad when my kids go back to school. I am counting down the days as much as they are for a couple reasons one I don't have to constantly have something planned to entertain them, two I can get stuff done now, and three I don't hear fighting all day long. The last couple of weeks before school starts seems like they are so hard. We have already done most things and the school shopping is finished so it seemed like all my kids did was either play with each other for five minutes or fight. So for my kids to go back to school and for us to get into a normal routine with a specific bed time will be heaven for me.

Makenzie and Hannah
Makenzie at her desk.
Hannah in her class room.
Kaitlyn and Spencer. Kaitlyn is in the afternoon kindergarten class and she thought it was never going to come. All day Monday she kept saying she wanted to go in the morning but she is not a morning person so afternoon it is for her and the last two days she has been fine with waiting until after lunch. Spencer is lost with out his sisters home in the afternoon to play with. He asks almost every ten minutes after Kaitlyn leaves if it is time to pick up the girls yet.
Kaitlyn sitting at her desk.
We did a Back to School dinner and had a theme this year. The kids loved it and I think I will do it every year.
I am excited for this year the girls all got great teachers and they all have at least one friend in their class. Makenzie has 21 girls in her class and only 8 boys. Hannah has a teacher that she has worked with before so she knows her and is really excited to have her. Kaitlyn has the same kindergarten teacher Hannah had so her teacher knows her as well. It should be a fun year for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment