We spent a weekend with my family at a friends cabin and had a lot of fun going on hikes, playing at the hot pools in the river, riding 4-wheelers, eating good food, and having fun. The cabin was a maze in itself, there were four different sets of stairs all leading to a different part of the house. The kids would run around saying "where is so and so" and we would tell them where we last saw them and they would say "where is that". So fun, and they literally were lost for a couple hours trying to find everything.
The boys going for a ride. Josh had his boot tear apart on this ride when he hit a rock sticking out of the side of the mountain.
My dad was the one who ended up taking the kids for rides when the dads had older kids on longer rides. What a good man.
The kids climbed up the side of the hill and then realized it was a little more difficult getting down so they came up with this idea. Makenzie had the stick and everyone grabbed on and she helped them down.
Going for a hike.
Most of the kids sitting in a hot pool. If you didn't have some of the cold water coming in to cool it off there is no way you could sit in it. The water was really hot like boiling hot if you touched it without the cold water. Sometimes you could sit in the same place and it was fine but then sometimes you would get burned because it would come out of nowhere. Nyah, Ben, Makenzie, Bailey, Maddie, and Hannah.
Rylee and Kaitlyn these two are two peas in a pod.
Most of the kids trying to stay warm and not get burned.
Me, my Mom, Ann, and Annie in the back. Since we are always the one taking the pictures and yes I took this picture.
Troy, Josh, and Brett just before they swam across the fastest part of the river.
In the hot tub. In the back is Bailey, Rylee, Kaitlyn, Nyah. In the front is Makenzie, Maddie, Hannah, Brody, Spencer and Ben. We were only missing Brooke and Connor in this picture.
Short story we decided to go for a ride the first night to check out some of the trails and we had three 4-wheelers and the Rhino. It was my two brothers and two kids and Josh and I on the 4-wheeler and my dad had two kids on his. We came to a trail head and my dad couldn't follow because his was too wide so we decide to go and he turned around. Shortly after I thought I should have switched places with Bailey so she could enjoy the long ride with Makenzie and Maddie. By the time I thought about that my dad was gone and it was too late. I didn't enjoy the ride because I felt bad that Bailey was missing out. We decided to try one trail that branched off of the main one and it was up hill the whole way by the time we got to the top we realized it was a dead end and had to turn around. Josh and I were the first ones to head back down and as we were coming down over this steep ridge we discovered that this 4-wheeler had no front brakes and our tires were bald so we were set into a slide. Josh was trying to keep us from going speeding down the mountain but sliding was not any slower. Some how Josh turned the 4-wheeler to try and stop it but at the same time we thought it was coming over on top of us so we bailed. Josh was off before I was and he landed in a tree and I jumped off and then jumped again because I thought it was going to land on top of me and ended up sliding right into Josh. I think when we both jumped off it decided to stop without tipping over. Luckily no one was hurt except for the few scrapes and bruises on our legs but nothing serious. After that I kept thinking I am so glad I did not switch places with Bailey because I don't know if any of those girls would have known to jump off. Josh safely got it down the rest of the way and I jumped on with my brother until we got back to the main trail we started on. We safely got back to the cabin and then Josh did some work on the 4-wheeler and fixed the brakes. Lesson learned always check the front brakes to see if they work before you head out for a ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment