This is some of her class but behind them is the machine that they use to run different things through to get covered in chocolate.
Spencer and Kaitlyn enjoying their cinnamon bears and marshmallows. They also showed the kids how they boxed them up and wrapped them and then mailed them off it was a lot of fun to see.
On the same day at the elementary school the kids did a veterans day program. Hannah says she told me that they were singing but I either didn't hear or forgot so I am sorry Hannah. I forgot the camera but she did a really good job singing with all the other first graders. It was a really good program like always.
A little journaling. The kids had their parent teacher conferences last week and their teachers had nothing but good to say about them. I was shocked first of all because for the last two years Makenzie has done nothing but test the waters for the first quarter because she wanted to see what she could get away with and then after the first parent teacher conference she was willing to go with the flow. So you can imagine I was gearing up to hear the same report as I had for the last two years. I was so excited to hear some thing different that she was so well behaved and has had no problems (well a few minor ones, nobody is perfect). Hannah's teacher was the same way she said Hannah was so willing to please, always on task, and so quiet that she wanted to clone her. Josh and I thought that was pretty fun because she is anything but quiet at home lately. Kaitlyn like I said loves preschool and she really needed something this year. I am lucky enough to go help on Monday's at her school and I love watching her interact with the teacher and the other kids. She too is a quiet one and will do just about anything her teacher asks her to do. Spencer gets to go play at a friends house on Monday while I go help out at the school and we get to watch those same friends on Wednesday while she helps out. Spencer has had a really hard time going and I feel so bad for her because at the beginning he would cry the whole time. The last two times he has gone he has not cried at all so there is hope for him people. Every time I pick him up he tells me if he cried or not and he has been so proud of himself the last two weeks, he tells Josh about it as soon as he gets home. I love to see how well my kids are doing or not not doing when I am not around. It makes me happy to know that some of the things we teach them in the home really is etched into them and they show it.
I want to go to a candy shop! Cody keeps watching "Cake Boss" and that's tempting enough: like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where you need to have a candy bar with you. Sounds like all your kids are doing great and being great... even away from Mom.
ReplyDelete