We have had a rough couple of weeks of kids being sick. Kaitlyn started off with Strep Throat but quickly became worse and eventually getting an IV in her arm and pumping fluids in for a couple of hours. She started not feeling well on Saturday and by Sunday she had a fever and was not eating anything I was forcing her to take drinks all day long but my efforts were not enough to keep her from getting dehydrated. Monday morning I got her into to the doctor first thing in the morning and she confirmed it was Strep took some more blood work from her and sent me home with an antibiotic. The doctor also said that after her blood work came back in she would most likely be sending me to the hospital. We came home and she fell asleep and about an hour later the doctor called me back saying I need to bring her in right away and give her an antibiotic shot and then send me to the hospital. We got back to the Doctor's office and they gave her a shot and Kaitlyn started crying when they did that but because she was so dehydrated she didn't even have any tears. I felt awful but the doctor said I could pick between going to the hospital for the night or going to the out patient services and doing it. The only difference is we would be at home for the night. We chose to go that route so she sent us over to get the IV in and we sat in the office for a couple of hours while she got fluids put back in her. They wrapped her had up tight and sent me home with instructions on how to flush the IV and that I needed to do it every couple of hours. Tuesday morning Kaitlyn walked into the doctors office and told her she felt better(which was huge for her since the day before I was carrying her and she wasn't talking to anyone), the doctor still took more blood work to see where her numbers were at before they took her IV out. What a difference fluids can make in your body. Even after getting the fluids in her body she started to perk up a little bit. I am so glad my kids are healthy. Kaitlyn was such a trooper through the whole thing the only time she cried was for the shot.
She was excited to eat Popsicles for the next couple of days too. Even after she was starting to feel better she would ask me if she could just have a Popsicle. Sneaky little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment