We have been tired of not being able to play outside for very long due to not so nice weather, so I had to get creative. I thought it would be fun to "go to the spa." I found a homemade recipe for an oatmeal facial scrub and a sugar scrub for your feet (which we didn't get any pictures of maybe next time). At first the kids were so excited to try it but no one wanted the face scrub above the eyes for fear that it would get into their eyes when washing it off. After about two minutes they all wanted it washed off. The foot scrub was funny because when I started to rub it on their feet they started laughing because it tickled. Spencer kept saying owe, owe, owe. After the facial and the foot scrub we moved onto toes and fingers getting painted.
At about this time they were all ready to wash it off.

I love his face in this picture he was so excited to be in on all of this.

After we got done with the girls they thought it was our turn to get in on the facials. And yes they did our facials and our foot scrub. Not too bad. Josh thought this whole idea was crazy.

Moving on to the toes and nails. Yes Josh painted but I did Makenzie and Kaitlyn in the time that it took him to do Hannah and Spencer's two big toes.

I think that the girls loved it and that it will become a new tradition in our house. They are already talking about when we can do it again. I love how excited they were for the whole surprise and the end result. Little things that make me happy. And there was no fighting.
No comments:
Post a Comment